Founded in 1957 by Walter J. Marquess, P.E., Marquess & Associates Inc. has a longstanding history of providing excellent engineering services to Southern Oregon and the surrounding regions. We provide comprehensive professional services to clients in both the public and private sectors. Over 80% of our business comes from repeat clients – a gratifying tribute to our commitment to client satisfaction.
With complete in-house capabilities we assemble a team from our staff to match each project’s unique needs. Our services include:
- Project Management
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Fire Protection Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Construction Special Inspection and Testing Service
- Drone Aerial Inspection Services
Incorporated in 1969, Marquess & Associates is managed by a Board of Directors. Three of our four principals are registered Professional Engineers in Oregon and other states and are actively involved in each project.
The Principals at Marquess & Associates are committed to personal, hands-on participation throughout project development, design and construction to ensure our clients receive exceptional service.
OSCAR ZUNIGA, MS, P.E.
Oscar Zuniga, with over 45 years of experience, specializes in consulting and design of plumbing, HVAC, power, lighting, and fire & life safety systems for commercial, institutional, industrial, and residential projects. Mr. Zuniga is experienced in project development, design, specification writing, estimating, and construction observation through all phases of each project and has worked on multidisciplinary teams, design-build projects, special hazards and unusual fuels, lubricants, and vehicle research projects both as a manager and as a team member.
ROBERT GUNTER, P.E.
Robert Gunter is a civil engineer with over 25 years of experience in his field. Since 1994 he has been designing public water mains, sanitary sewer collection systems, storm drainage facilities, roadways, subdivisions and commercial site developments.
Mr. Gunter is responsible for all phases of project design, coordination with clients, sub-consultants and governing agencies, calculations, production of construction drawings and preparation of bid documents.
Treasurer and Civil Project Manager
Jim Higday is a project manager with over 30 years of experience in his field. Since 1988 he has been in the field of civil engineering, designing public water mains, sanitary sewer collection systems, storm drainage facilities, roadways, subdivisions and commercial site developments.
RICK SWANSON, G.E.
Rick Swanson has geotechnical experience dating back to 1981 in preparation and management of geotechnical investigations and construction observation for new institutional, municipal, commercial, and residential projects, and consultation.
Mr. Swanson is responsible for field investigations, construction monitoring, laboratory testing services, seismic and geologic hazard studies, specification writing, and report writing.
- Randy Cleveland P.E., SE, Structural Engineer
- Ryan Cleveland, Structural Dept. Coordinator/Structural Drafter
- Robb Collins, Civil Designer
- Kristina Cooper P.E. , Structural Project Engineer
- Ian Genelly, Mechanical/Electrical Designer/Drone Operator
- J.D. Geyer, Mechanical/Electrical Designer
- Robert Gunter P.E., Vice-Pres/Civil Engineer and Dept. Head
- Jim Higday, Treasurer/ Civil Project Manager
- Ben Linzy P.E. , Structural Project Engineer
- Nick McClure, Inspector/Testing Technician
- Juan Moreira P.E. , Mechanical Engineer
- Phil Oakley, Inspector/Testing Technician
- Cindy Rogan, Accountant
- Lisa Rose, Marketing Coordinator/Administrative Assistant
- Pieter Smeenk P.E., SE, Structural Engineer
- Rick Swanson MS, P.E., G.E. , Secretary/Geotechnical Engineer, Materials Testing Dept. Head
- Trish Weber P.E. , Electrical Engineer
- Oscar Zuniga MS, P.E., President, MEP Dept. Head, Mechanical, Electrical and Fire Protection Engineer
- Mike Antley, Inspector/Testing Technician